This project is read-only.

Uninstalling BooLangStudio

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:13 PM
How do I uninstall BooLangStudio from Visual Studio?
I do not seem to find uninstall entry in Programs and Features standard Windows component.

The reason for uninstall is that Boo version coming with BooLangStudio conflicts with the version used in my project. I keep receiving:
Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Boo.Lang.Compiler.CompilerInputCollection.Add(Boo.Lang.Compiler.ICompilerInput)'.

Thanks,
Robert
Aug 24, 2008 at 4:09 AM
It should be in Control Panel-> Add Remove Programs-> Uninstall

How did you change the version of Boo that is being used? Are you recieving this error in a BooLangStudio project or in another project? You might be able to alter the .booproj file by removing the <boobinpath>...</boobinpath> entry in the project file or by altering it to match the value found in your registry at HKLM\Software\BooLangStudio\BooBinPath

Aug 24, 2008 at 11:16 AM
There is no Uninstall item in the Programs and Feature section in Vista.

I did not change "intentionally" the version of Boo. I am using Boo + Ayende's Binsor based on boo in my C# project and I reference the boo assemblies from a project folder. The error I am receiving is in my project and started to occur only after I've installed boolangstudio. I've checked the version of the assemblies and the one referenced by my project are the one from BooLangStudio (most recent ones).

Thank you,
Robert
Aug 24, 2008 at 5:24 PM
If it's not in Programs and Features then I'm guessing it has been uninstalled already...

BooLangStudio should copy a version of Boo into the path "<programs>\BooLangStudio\Dependencies\boo\build". Can you verify whether these assemblies exist at that location or not? Can you simply change the references of your project to be referencing the correct assemblies?

I think I'm not fully understanding what you're talking about to be honest. Could send me an example of the code you're working on? Project files at least...