Installation with Visual Studio 2008 SP1

Apr 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Hi,

First thanks for this great addin. Although #develop has a full Boo integration, I like the touch and feel of VS and that I can assemble related projects under the same solution in the same IDE

I alreay installed the BooLangStudio 1.0 alpha on a box with VS 2008 and it worked fine.
I am trying to do the same thing with VS 2008 with SP1 but the addin is not working well. I can see the Boo projects, but the editor doesn't recognize the boo syntax and there is no intellisense.

Do you think that this related to SP1?
Do I have to install VS SDK?. I don't remember doing that on the first PC and I can't find any prerequist in BooLangStudio about that.

One more question, Boo 0.9.1 is out.  How can I make BLS use the new version? I doubt that a recompilation of BLS is needed, no?

Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:21 PM
No the apha version is pretty buggy. There hasn't been a lot of work done on BooLangStudio lately... for a variety of reasons. And yes, you'd have to recompile BLS to be up to date with the new version of Boo. We are hoping to fix that someday but unfortunately it's not a simple task.
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM
thanks for the reply

Was there a pre-alpha version that was stable under the source control?

Will  the BLS project continue?

Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:56 PM
The source code will be more stable, but probably not by a lot.

Life and other commitments have gotten in the way of our BLS work, I don't think any of us have explicitly "quit" or abandoned it, but I can make no promises of when I'll next be able to work on it. 

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM, gauss <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

thanks for the reply

Was there a pre-alpha version that was stable under the source control?

Will  the BLS project continue?

Thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (BooLangStudio@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email BooLangStudio@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Also, one of the other circumstances causing some delay is the imminent release of VS2010. It turns out that making a language service for vs2005 / '08 is extremely hard and there will supposedly be drastic changes to the API for 2010. So to some extent we're waiting for that to happen and see how much things improve.