This project is read-only.

VS 2010?

May 27, 2009 at 5:19 AM

Now that VS 2010 is publicly available, has anyone on the BooLangStudio team had a chance to look at the extensibility points?

In another thread, it was mentioned that BLS was more or less on hold at least until VS 2010 was available - just curious if there might be any change in that.

-Scott

May 27, 2009 at 5:43 AM

I've been looking at it a little. Super busy atm but it is definitely looking very promising. It won't happen overnight, I don't think, but this change is very promising.

May 10, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I would also be interested in support for VS2010, if you need help I'd be able to pitch in any spare time I have.

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:28 PM
I'd also be interested in this, though given how late BooLangStudio is, I have resigned myself to using SharpDevelop.
Mar 1, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I've used some of my spare time to update BooLangStudio for use with Visual Studio 2010.  It's still incomplete, as there are a number of tweaks/polish that need to be addressed, and I have not got the WiX installation to run properly yet (I'm getting some errors during the MSI execution); but I think it's close or at least on the right track for the most part.

A significant number of changes were not necessary, as most of the MPF and VSSDK members and methods in use remained intact - with the exception of some function call names/properties and some internal MPF members that I had to designate as public to work around.  If the project moderator would like a code drop of the work in progress, please let me know, as I'd be happy to have someone with more knowledge of the inner workings of the extension help to complete it.

Mar 1, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I think you can submit your changes as a Patch and submit it in the Source Code panel on codeplex. Also, maybe one of the coordinators will give you write permissions also, I can't or I would. This project has been dead for a while and as far as I'm concerned if you want to contribute you can. Thanks!

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:08 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Thanks for the info.  I decided to fiddle with it because I was interested in developing for XNA in Boo and unfortunately, SharpDevelop doesn't support content processing.  Like I said, there are some problems with the WiX installer right now that I'd like someone with sharper teeth to take a look at, but other than that it appears to be pretty close to compatible from a compilation standpoint.  I've submitted a patch to the site.  To any and all paying attention, this is a work in progress, so if a check-in is made, beware that the updates have not been finalized and there are most certainly bugs still to be worked out.

Jun 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Hello,

Any plans for VS 2012? :)

Thank you.

williamj