This release is the initial alpha version of the upcoming BooLangStudio 1.0 release.
Included changes are:
- New, more hassle-free installer.
- booc.exe is forced into 32bit-only mode via corflags.exe /32bit+ . This allows people in x64 Windows environments (including Vista and Server 2008) to develop and compile boo code.
- Boo dependencies have been upgraded to svn revision 3035, which includes improved support for generics amongst other things.
- BooLangStudio now runs in the main registry hive.
- Initial implementation of Intellisense. Several bits of functionality are missing, including intellisense on arguments to methods and intellisense on self, super, etc. NOTE: For now, you need to invoke intellisense by ctrl+space (it doesn't seem to be appearing automagically.. one of the reasons this is an alpha release :)
- A Project Property page for .booproj
- Debugger breakpoints
- Improved syntax colorization implementation with multiline comments, tripple-quotes, etc
- and much more!
We wanted to get this new, vastly improved version of BooLangStudio out there for everyone to see. But please keep in mind that this is still very much
alpha level software and, as such, lacks alot of polish and several pieces of functionality are still missing.
That being said, we think it's a big improvement over the previous public releases so we hope you'll like it.